Who is that?




Okay so we've all heard the song "Reflection" by Christina Aguliera from the Mulan Soundtrack right?

How many of you can really relate to that song?
I know I can, just the other day...
I woke up went to the bathroom, and I
didn't recognize my own face

How is that? The person that we thing we are....
Is it the one that we look like?

I mean honestly until I was six years old and saw "Rosewood" and "Malcom X", I thought that I was white, with long hair, and blue eyes. I mean, I saw myself but I didn't think it was me, I thought it was just a mask and that I couldn't find my zipper.

Then I saw those movies and realized that it wasn't a dream this was really me. Today as an ambitious, and anxiety troubled, nine-teen year old I still don't believe that who I look at in the mirror every day is me. Or basically, it's not who I wanna be.

Then I question myself that...if it's not who I wanna be...
Then who am I? How do I find myself...
Is there really one me...I have a theory that every person has more than one personality. With certain people you act a certain way.....
I know when you have MPD, you black out and don't know what happened...but for me, I see the other 1/6th of me take over and I watch.
I can't always control what they do or what they say but I can always watch them, and when they're done reeking havoc...I'm the one who gets the consequences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Julian's Funeral...(Nov. 3, 2008)....Capturing Memorable Moments 1/27/2009

Looking back on my life ...

It's A New Day